Railroad Forums 

• FRA train 2018

• Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).
Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).

Moderator: MEC407

#1483725  by backroadrails

The FRA train is running to Rockland today interestingly enough with two Pan Am engines, to make things better they are C40-8's and will be running long hood forward back.
 #1483771  by MERailFanJay

Now I know why I just heard a train horn at 9:40pm. I was thinking the train was coming in from Brunswick late. Wish I read this post earlier. I would have gone down the road to catch it.
 #1484971  by MEC407

backroadrails wrote:...to make things better they are C40-8's...
Is this the first time that six-axle locomotives have run on the Rockland Branch? I can't think of any scenarios in which this would have happened in the past, unless it was a Maine Central E-unit during the passenger service era.
 #1485475  by 690

They never ran on the branch, plan changed and CMQ ran the 2006 down instead. Regarding six axles, there technically isn't a reason they couldn't run them, as long as they stay on the main. Obviously the Atlantic Branch and inside Dragon would be off limits to six axles.