Railroad Forums 

• BAR/ MMA wreck train

• Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).
Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).

Moderator: MEC407

#1414075  by Dcl1332

Did CMQ get the old BAR/ MMA wreck train. I have not heard or seen any information or pictures of the train sence late 2012 earily 2013 when NBSR was using to make the connection between Millinocket Sub and Mattawamkeag Sub. I know it was one of a kind and one of the last one period. It was made up of modified Box Car BAR X1055, modified (old box car or pulpwood car) Flat Car BAR X197, and one of two old navy Cranes BAR X127. If I remember right Crane BAR X126 was sold some time ago. In 2012 MMA repainted the train in there colors but left the BAR markings.

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=3281565" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Dcl1332 on Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
 #1414108  by 690

It was at Derby, but I don't know who owns it now.
 #1414111  by Dcl1332

690 wrote:It was at Derby, but I don't know who owns it now.

I guess the good news is if CMQ dose own it they have not need to use it like MMA did. It seemed like MMA had it out every couple of years at the end of there run eather for loan out or cleaning up a MMA wreck.
 #1414120  by KSmitty

Last time I saw it was that day.

I'd wager we'll find out when CM&Q makes a mistake and puts something heavy where it doesn't belong. Of course the road crane is the most preferred cleanup method these days, so it would have to be someplace inaccessible...
 #1414125  by Dcl1332

KSmitty wrote:Last time I saw it was that day.

I'd wager we'll find out when CM&Q makes a mistake and puts something heavy where it doesn't belong. Of course the road crane is the most preferred cleanup method these days, so it would have to be someplace inaccessible...

More then likely your right or it may be moved out next month when Milo starts clean up at Derby. I got a good pic of X197 and x127 at Derby right after they painted it, but I think it's only left Derby once sence being repainted when NBSR used it.

Note: The picture is black and white but it's on the right side of the enterance.

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Derby-Rai ... -253722844" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1421533  by RGlueck

It was standing outside the Derby Shop complex, intact, looking good, as of late January, 2017.