Railroad Forums 

• Rockland Branch Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1452081  by Ridgefielder

gokeefe wrote:Parlor Car "Alexander Hamilton".
Which was, indeed, built for the Congressional! Cool.

Have to say I think this seasonal service is a great idea. And I speak both as someone who is (naturally) pro-rail and as someone who has sat in traffic for way too much of a beautiful summer day trying to get through *@$*@$!-ing Wiscasset. :wink:
 #1452134  by Dick H

Still off topic on Wiscasset, I have always wondered why they have never put in
a push button "walk/wait" light at the top of the hill where all the tourists
cross Rt.1. If they had that, there would be groups crossing at the same time,
rather than every car having to stop for one or ten, etc, people crossing at will.
Of course, they would probably need a uniformed police person to enforce the
wait light.
 #1452366  by 690

Because it would make the already miserable traffic even worse. The traffic light for 27 is already bad enough, don't need to add more things to stop for.
 #1452529  by drcrf93

CMQ 2006 is currently sitting on the interchange in Brunswick with four weeks worth of cars waiting to go east. PAR delivered it last Friday 12/1 per a friend.
 #1452615  by MEC407

690 wrote:...don't need to add more things to stop for.
State law says you must stop for pedestrians. The pedestrians are already there; crosswalks and flashers don't add new/additional pedestrians. A set of crossing flashers would simply make it safer and would help grab the attention of drivers who are either distracted or who don't feel like the law applies to them.
 #1452671  by KSmitty

As we veer off topic, the light for 27/1 all depends on perspective. If you're trying to get off of 27, especially with truck & trailer, that light was WAY overdue.
 #1452720  by fogg1703

drcrf93 wrote:CMQ 2006 is currently sitting on the interchange in Brunswick with four weeks worth of cars waiting to go east. PAR delivered it last Friday 12/1 per a friend.
Did something happen to let four weeks worth of cars build up at Rigby?
 #1456669  by Dcl1332

Interest. So will 2003 or 2004 be heading to the Rockland Branch to help 2006, or will it just be 2006.
 #1456761  by gokeefe

For those who haven't seen it yet here is a fantastic video done by TrainRiders Northeast very own Bill Lord for our 2017 Annual Meeting: https://youtu.be/dj8x38Xg5qQ

We are extremely grateful to Bill for all of his hard work on this production.
 #1500763  by troffey

I’m spending the weekend along the Rockland Branch. I can see that a train has been through since the last snow plow berms were made along the roads, but can anyone offer any information on how much the branch is used these days? Or if I have any chance of seeing a train over the next couple days?
 #1500769  by KSmitty

In the winter it's a lightly used branch, because Dragon isn't doing much.

They operate weekdays only, and I believe are only making the trip to Brunswick and back once a week.

So unfortunately, I'd say you have about a 0% chance of seeing something moving. In Rockland yard there may be some cement cars, but the engines will be inside the house.