Railroad Forums 

• B & A signal info

• Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).
Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).

Moderator: MEC407

#1173683  by boatbuilder

I have been trying to map out the Bangor and Aroostook north and south lines with little success. Did the B & A use signals on there lines? The only ones I have found were for the Millinocket yard. Still trying to find a track chart but have only the one for sidings to date. Can any one help me out with this? Thanks.
 #1175680  by BAR

I took a quick look through my BAR books and personal photos and found the following signals:

Oakfield - south end of yard - cantalever with a semaphore for each of two tracks
Oakfield - north end of yard - single semaphore
South of Oakfield - side by side semaphores on single track
East Millinocket Branch - searchlight where branch leaves the main (you are already aware of the other Millinocket signals)
Squa Pan - several searchlights at the "Y"
South Lagrange - searchlights for the Medford Cutoff

I have seen the remnants of other signals on walks along the tracks and from four speeder trips I have taken on the BAR and MM&A but can't remember the exact locations but I am pretty sure there was a signal at or near North Twin.

Please share your completed research with the forum. Thanks.

Bill