Railroad Forums 

• Old Saybrook station work?

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1529356  by TomNelligan

While driving home from a Christmas visit to the ancestral homestead in Connecticut I made my usual coffee stop in Old Saybrook (Ashland Farms Coffee, great local place next door to the Amtrak/SLE station). I noticed that the 1873 station building was closed and blocked off and that ticketing and waiting room facilities were contained in an AmTrailer in the parking lot. Does anyone know what's currently being done there? Hopefully the historic station won't be altered, but I suspect that if any interior work is being done the classic manual arrivals-and-departure board that's been there forever will give way to LEDs.
 #1531831  by CVRA7

I heard that "structural problems" had been found. Wonder if the appearance of the the sill under the rear of the ticket office was a hint of the trouble - it seemed to follow "the lay of the land" in recent decades!
They are vary fortunate to still have an open station there in this era.