Railroad Forums 

• Back to the Fold

• Important information from RAILROAD.NET site administrators. Need help using this site? Check here first! Your question may already have been answered here.
Important information from RAILROAD.NET site administrators. Need help using this site? Check here first! Your question may already have been answered here.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#1524652  by 2nd trick op

MODERATORS : Please feel free to handle this subject matter in any forum you might deem advisable:

Some of the senior posters at this site will, I'm sure, recall me as a very active participant during the years 2002-2015. However, the desire for more challenge and a larger. less-specialized-group led me to shift the majority of my participation to city-data.com -- originally a real-estate centered site gradually expanded into many general-interest issues I've encountered a couple of old friends over there, and got the chance to increase my overall activity from about 1600 posts here to over 12000 over there (since being "encouraged" into retirement). I'm usually very active in the wake of any major rail-related story (regrettably. it's usually been an accident) and try to submit links to introduce more of an increasingly-detached public to the real word of rail operations.

But at any rate, I've been reading a new techno-thriller (Red Metal by Mark Greany -- one of the legatees of the late Tom Clancy) and plan on launching a new thread on this in the "Railroads in Media" sub-forum; would appreciate anyone from the membership filling in some details on any points where my exposure might be a bit thin,

thanks in advance,
2nd trick op
 #1524711  by MACTRAXX

2nd trick op: You should have posted this ANNOUNCEMENT in the News, Announcements, FAQ and Help Forum at the top of the introductory Forum list page.
Your post has nothing directly to do with Amtrak.

This post would stand out there as recent instead of running among other topics in the Amtrak Forum...

Just some constructive criticism - and nothing derogatory is meant here :-) ...MACTRAXX
 #1524725  by 2nd trick op

Thank you, Mr. Benton; I chose to place that post in the Amtrak forum because "back in our day" :-D that forum was the starting point for what sometimes turned into some very-interesting and increasingly-civil (and -respectful) exchanges as the process went on. And I continue to encourage the moderators to reassign it in whatever way they deem appropriate.

If memory serves me correctly. The Coming Competitive Millieu(2008), one of the longest-running and most-stimulating topics posted here, might have been started in the Amtrak forum, and moved later

And as a friendly aside, my Tom Clancy/Red Metal post is now up in the Railroads in Media forum, and a few of the regulars at the Worldwide Railfan forum might have some useful comments to add on this subject.
 #1524871  by Gilbert B Norman

Mr. 2nd Trick, I think of you and friend Kerry each time I've driven by Exit 242 on the 80. That has simply become my preferred surface means to get out East, for I'm in command of when I "make the scene" out there - and not at the mercy of the absurd Lake Shore schedule and timekeeping.

Glad you've chosen to again participate around here.