Railroad Forums 

• NYP First Class Lounge

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1519866  by BAR

If anyone knows the hours that the NYP First Class Lounge is open on weekdays please post. I could not find the hours at the Amtrak website nor in the last system timetable published in 2016.

Thanks very much.

BAR
 #1519885  by Backshophoss

The 1st Class Lounge hours are not shown,With 24 hr access for NJT,Amtrak,and LIRR trains,There could be a 24 hr restaurant/Bar,
you could use in a pinch...

Common sense,after 65/66/67("Night Owl") have departed,the 1st Class lounge is "closed" for "Deep cleaning" untill an hour before the 1st Acela
Departs NY Penn.

Security wise,Amtrak PD,LIRR(MTA)PD,NYC PD cover all the public areas
 #1519893  by BAR

Thanks for the help.

M-F 5:15AM to 9:30 PM

S&S 7:00 AM to 9:00 PM

BAR
 #1520204  by Tadman

Be aware that the NEC lounges sometimes have stricter rules for access than Chicago or LA. I've been turned away before at NYP and WAS despite having sleeper or business tickets. Not that you're missing much, both lounges are straight out of the 80's. You can sit in old chairs, eat free cheese-its and pretzels, or use a coke machine that looks just like it came from a Taco Bell. It's kind of like snack time in an elementary school cafeteria in terms of amenities.
 #1520228  by Greg Moore

I've never been turned away from either NYP or WAS when holding sleeper or first class tickets. Business class doesn't get you access in either case.
And at least in NYP, the bathroom is far cleaner which is a nice perk!
 #1520239  by danib62

If you really want lounge access just keep in mind that a first class ticket is fully refundable... ;-)