Railroad Forums 

• Another try at Acela non-stop service

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1536180  by hi55us

Media is making big mistakes reporting this. I read this morning that all Acela service NYP-WAS was suspended but passengers can still ride the Northeast Regional... Big mistake by Amtrak not communicating this clearly to the idiot media.
 #1536186  by Tadman

Funny, I thought someone that looks just like me made a post last month that basically said the media are a bunch of idiots that do little to no research and just regurgitate the easy stuff like unverified tweets and press releases. Lots of people got on my case and called me a boomer (I'm not) and got their panties in a real twist.

Guess what?

We just proved it. Somehow the geniuses in media have made it look like the entire Acela is canceled when it was one round trip. Probably because they skimmed a press release and regurgitated it, a skill that Tommy the Pinball wizard could master. Doesn't exactly take Edward R Murrow to do this job anymore.

Have a nice day and be safe on the road.
 #1536200  by Backshophoss

The given is at least the "non-stop"service is done due to the virus,an "indie" tabloid twisted it "To all" Acela service was canned.
Any news about the virus gets hyped from the get go. Not researched till later on in the News cycle due to the need to scope the other news
sources.
 #1536206  by Rockingham Racer

Tadman wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:39 am Funny, I thought someone that looks just like me made a post last month that basically said the media are a bunch of idiots that do little to no research and just regurgitate the easy stuff like unverified tweets and press releases. Lots of people got on my case and called me a boomer (I'm not) and got their panties in a real twist.

Guess what?

We just proved it. Somehow the geniuses in media have made it look like the entire Acela is canceled when it was one round trip. Probably because they skimmed a press release and regurgitated it, a skill that Tommy the Pinball wizard could master. Doesn't exactly take Edward R Murrow to do this job anymore.

Have a nice day and be safe on the road.
Agreed. But I do think some folks have confused Acela Express [the former name for the service], and the specific, recently re-introduced Acela express [non-stop trains]. Still not excusable.
 #1536250  by mtuandrew

Moderator Note: several news sources both major and minor (not just Fox News, not just single bloggers) either incorrectly or misleadingly reported the cancellations. Let’s move on with the discussion about the trains themselves.