Railroad Forums 

• Tejon Pass Rail link

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1508585  by Tadman

D.S. Lewith wrote:though they seem to be OK with the government maintaining the freeways.
They’re doing a rotten job of that, too. Feel like I’m on the face of the moon lately.
 #1508635  by jonnhrr

When I come on this board I hope to read about trains, rather than stereotyped political commentary that might have been taken from party talking points. Can we get back to talking about the actual topic?
 #1508642  by D.S. Lewith

jonnhrr wrote:When I come on this board I hope to read about trains, rather than stereotyped political commentary that might have been taken from party talking points. Can we get back to talking about the actual topic?
Yeah. The issue is any time CAHSR is brought up, politics gets brought in
 #1508714  by Tadman

It's a bit hard when the operation is funded and built (and collapses) under a government aegis.

I get into politics myself, but I try to get past the dogma. I don't think either party really likes Amtrak, especially not the long-distance operations, but I don't think one party or the other has been "worse" to the LD operations or the system as a whole. Dogma would dictate that republicans hate it while democrats love it, and it's not been that black and white of an issue.
 #1509026  by Backshophoss

CASHR is now DOA,now that the federal $$$$$$ is gone.
AGAIN,CA is too risk adverse to build a tunnel thru too many Fault lines in the Tejon/Grapevine hill region.
Hopefully some of the built sections can be used for Amtrak-Ca services
 #1509060  by D.S. Lewith

They did state that Amtrak California can use the IOS as an express service for San Joaquins once it gets built until the rest of CAHSR gets build. I can guarantee that people will ride that since being able to go at 125 MPH will shave off a considerable amount of time between Bakersfield and Madera (best fit would be to get the Hitachi Azumas and adapt it to US rail), and this increased ridership and revenue may spur Amtrak California to do something similar with the LA-SD section of the Surfliner