Railroad Forums 

• Amtrak ACS-64 Sprinter Discussion

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1227298  by ACeInTheHole

JamesRR wrote:ACS-64 #603 sitting in Yard E (behind what looks like a lot of construction work).
Yard E doesnt mean much to those of us with only a vague familiarity with yard locations and names. As such, I do not know where 603 is by means of just the term Yard E. Location please?
 #1227320  by ApproachMedium

The E yard in PSNY is the yard that you see to the south of your train upon arrival to the station. There are usually Arrow MU sets stored on two of the tracks during daylight hours for servicing. Many may recall there being a budd passenger car in Phase III stored back there for many years. It is gone now, and the 603 is sitting where it was.
 #1227368  by 25Hz

ApproachMedium wrote:The E yard in PSNY is the yard that you see to the south of your train upon arrival to the station. There are usually Arrow MU sets stored on two of the tracks during daylight hours for servicing. Many may recall there being a budd passenger car in Phase III stored back there for many years. It is gone now, and the 603 is sitting where it was.
Not intending to hijack, but where did that go? PM if you want. Thanks!

For a detailed view: http://broadway.pennsyrr.com/Rail/Prr/Maps/Itlk/nyp.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Yard E is clearly visible in the notch at the bottom left side of the diagram.
 #1227391  by BuddSilverliner269

25Hz wrote:
ApproachMedium wrote:The E yard in PSNY is the yard that you see to the south of your train upon arrival to the station. There are usually Arrow MU sets stored on two of the tracks during daylight hours for servicing. Many may recall there being a budd passenger car in Phase III stored back there for many years. It is gone now, and the 603 is sitting where it was.
Not intending to hijack, but where did that go? PM if you want. Thanks!

For a detailed view: http://broadway.pennsyrr.com/Rail/Prr/Maps/Itlk/nyp.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Yard E is clearly visible in the notch at the bottom left side of the diagram.
It's sitting in Adams yard in south Brunswick
 #1227709  by BuddSilverliner269

ryanov wrote:Is that the car numbered 7011 or something like that? The one with "DO NOT MOVE" or similar written all over it?
I don't know if it says do not move or what the number is but I believe it has stenciled on the side, tunnel use only or something along those lines. That car was moved from E yard where it sat for years and Is now in Adams Yard.
 #1227776  by acelaphillies

BuddSilverliner269 wrote:
acelaphillies wrote:Is this it?
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.p ... 26&nseq=31" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yes that's the car which is currently sitting in Adams yard.
Ok, nice.

On another note. Oops...we were so off topic that when I posted that link I honestly forgot that this was the ACS-64 topic. Sorry.
 #1227784  by amtrakhogger

That 7011 plus the one it is coupled to in the picture were used for tunnel inspection trains.
 #1227837  by 25Hz

How many 64's have been handed off to amtrak, and how many are awaiting delivery?
 #1227856  by DutchRailnut

606 is on #6 as we speak, hear rumor that one will go into revenue service around Nov 15
 #1227898  by 25Hz

DutchRailnut wrote:606 is on #6 as we speak, hear rumor that one will go into revenue service around Nov 15

I am definitely wondering if any thanksgiving extras might get one/it.....would be pretty neat if that were the case....!

Curious, do you think it'd get doubled up or do you think it'd be solo? (asking anyone)