Railroad Forums 

• AEM7 Disposition (and other motors - HHP8)

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1292112  by ACeInTheHole

acelaphillies wrote:Wow, down to the final few. I guess it will probably be hard to predict the final revenue run because it all depends on when the engines fail, right?
655 seems to be the strongest of the three at the moment. I hope I didnt jinx it, but it has been trouble free for quite awhile.
 #1292118  by Greg Moore

Matt Johnson wrote:What would be cool is if they take one and hide it away for, say, 5 years or so and then randomly send it out on the road one day!
I hear when no one is looking, late at night Boardman has been known to sneak into Bear, fire up the turbines and take a turboliner for a highspeed run up the NEC to NYC for some Brooklyn style pizza and then run it back to Bear before anyone notices it's gone.
 #1292196  by ThirdRail7

acelaphillies wrote:Wow, down to the final few. I guess it will probably be hard to predict the final revenue run because it all depends on when the engines fail, right?
Not necessarily. The 659 was minding its own business and was running strong when they yanked it. I don't recall 658 having an issue when they stored it. Some of it has to do with overhaul(?) dates. Along those lines:
ApproachMedium wrote:
ThirdRail7 wrote:
I was with you on the 654 until it wavered a few days ago. Hmmm. I can't remember which but one of the three listed above is due PM in early OCT.
Oh and BTW, there is no PM (92 Day inspection) on HHPs anymore. There hasnt been for over a year now. They are on the Continuous Maintenance Program like the ACS 64 is supposed to be.
I thought they put an end to that. What are the dates for? For example, the 661 is due for something Nov16th (not that it matters anymore), but if it isn't 92 what is it?

Given the circumstances, I fully understand if you can't write it on the board.
Matt Johnson wrote:What would be cool is if they take one and hide it away for, say, 5 years or so and then randomly send it out on the road one day!
That would be cool indeed. We can double head it with an ALP-44o!
 #1292279  by acelaphillies

Greg Moore wrote:
I hear when no one is looking, late at night Boardman has been known to sneak into Bear, fire up the turbines and take a turboliner for a highspeed run up the NEC to NYC for some Brooklyn style pizza and then run it back to Bear before anyone notices it's gone.
You guys crack me up, haha! :-D
 #1292407  by ApproachMedium

ThirdRail7 wrote:OH NO!!!! MY BABY IS OFFICIALLY GONE!!!!

There is a reward for the number plates!

I know its your baby, but good riddance. One of my problem motors. lol Looks like the failure of the MCB took this one out.
 #1292461  by ThirdRail7

The 661 and 660 are being stored. The 654 still has an issue. We'll see if they fix it or....

So it looks like the tally is 12 HHP-8s, 2 DCs and 1 Reman. That being said, the 925 and 908 aren't back on the beam yet. Will they make it?

Meanwhile, the 910 continues to soldier on.

I'm throwing my hat behind 655 for last HHP-8, 909 (with 912 as back up) for last non push pull DC, 947 for last push-pull DC and 944 for last reman.

Not that any of it matters now that 952 is finished. That was the last of my trio of stars!
 #1292672  by ApproachMedium

I think you mean 3 DC motors. The 902, 951 and 952 are all out of the picture now. 908 could possibly make it in the body of another engine (901 maybe), if they want to put that kind of labor in to it but I doubt that will happen.
 #1292792  by jt42cwr

jt42cwr wrote:Very interested in sightings of 655 in the near future, I land at JFK tonight at 22:40 and it is the only one I haven't ridden behind, so would like to do so before it's retired. Please post if you're in the know, or see it about.
Managed to catch a ride on 655 twice yesterday, so well impressed to have had them all in service. Now to find 950 and 953!
 #1292793  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

651 was Westbound on Train 177 out of Boston Friday evening...if she hasn't returned East by now, look for her tomorrow?? IDK the weekend rotations of the Regional sets....or maybe it was the 655...hhhmmm I know I saw both of those units in the last few days, but might be mixing up the trains, 93 or 177
 #1292795  by jt42cwr

MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:651 was Westbound on Train 177 out of Boston Friday evening...if she hasn't returned East by now, look for her tomorrow?? IDK the weekend rotations of the Regional sets....or maybe it was the 655...hhhmmm I know I saw both of those units in the last few days, but might be mixing up the trains, 93 or 177
The 655 did 183 & 187 on Friday, whilst the 651 did 177.
 #1292806  by ACeInTheHole

jt42cwr wrote:
jt42cwr wrote:Very interested in sightings of 655 in the near future, I land at JFK tonight at 22:40 and it is the only one I haven't ridden behind, so would like to do so before it's retired. Please post if you're in the know, or see it about.
Managed to catch a ride on 655 twice yesterday, so well impressed to have had them all in service. Now to find 950 and 953!
Ya better hurry.. 951 and 952 are gone.