Railroad Forums 

• Grand Junction Frequency between B.E.T. and Readville

• Discussion related to railroad radio frequencies, railroad communication practices, equipment, and more.
Discussion related to railroad radio frequencies, railroad communication practices, equipment, and more.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#959783  by bostonrailfan

Would anyone know what frequency is used when the MBCR, Amtrak, Pan Am, etc. are using the Grand Junction between B.E.T. and Beacon Park Yard? I was planning on going railfanning and checking the Grand Junction out, but I dont know what frequency is used for it, and how often it is used. Many thanks if you can help me with this.
 #968664  by railman616

Sunday thru Thursday B721 heads over to New England Produce Market in the late afternoon around 5:00pm and return after 10:30pm. The Readville Switcher for the MBCR makes the run over to the BET in the evening. Also for Amtrak the Portland switcher will occasionally will make the run from South Hampton Street to North Station to swap equipment. For Beacon Park we use AAR channel 64 (161.07mhz) to talk with the yard master and channel 46 (160.8mhz) for the B & A mainline. For the Grand Junction I think its AAR 14 (160.32mhz). I know I am going to get grief about not knowing the frerquency as I am suppose it be qualified over there, csxconductor stay off my back.
 #990282  by bostonrailfan

okay thank you i wasn't sure. a friend and i went walking along the grand junction and we didnt hear or see anything, but now i know for the next time for when to go and see some trains make there runs on this line. the frequencies you listed seem to be the standard ones that are used by csx (160.800) the 160.320 is used by mbcr and pan am on the fitchburg line which runs pretty much next to the grand junction when it gets close to the b.e.t. thank you again.