Railroad Forums 

• AZ BNSF frequencies Wanted

• Discussion related to railroad radio frequencies, railroad communication practices, equipment, and more.
Discussion related to railroad radio frequencies, railroad communication practices, equipment, and more.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#9507  by alco-holic

I've looked hi and low for a book on the frequencies used by north american railroads, and can't seem to find one. Am looking for BNSF, AZ frequencies and those used in the Winslow, AZ yard if anyone has these and can give them to me, I'd be most grateful. Still want to get a book if someone knows where I might get one, will appreciate it.

Thanks guys,

Brian-Alco-holic.

#9909  by roee

I would sugget geting a railfan timetable. Altamont press has some decent ones for the west (I wish they would make them for the North East as well). They list all the subs, and the radio freqs for each sub and break down the frequencies each section of the Sub.
i.e.
  • AAR 51 160.875 TTD-3 Spring S. GH&H Jct - MP8.7
    AAR 24 160.470 Spring Dispatcher P36 MP 8.7-Galveston
And it give a fair bit of info on the line. The timetables are typical just a page long, but they are good giving the speed limits, siding lengths and some other info, like defect detectors.

I have the one for Texas and it's in my car at all times.

Altamont Press Southwest Region

Note the freq info is for the UP Galveston Sub.
 #11388  by alco-holic

DEar ROEE;

Thank you for the help, I appreciate it very much.

Brian

#79416  by The S.P. Caboose

On the BNSF between Gallup and Winslow, the mainline frequency is 161.190 DS-9 Gallup Dispatcher. Between Winslow and Seligman, the mainline is 160.935 DS-10 East Seligman Dispatcher. Also in Winslow check out 160.650, the Division Engineer.

This also comes from the Southwest Region Timetable by Altamont Press.