Railroad Forums 

• Field Day 2005-Who's participating?

• Discussion related to railroad radio frequencies, railroad communication practices, equipment, and more.
Discussion related to railroad radio frequencies, railroad communication practices, equipment, and more.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#133322  by Aa3rt

Field Day 2005 is three weeks away. I was just curious as to how many of you are participating and where you'll be? My club, the Charles County (MD) Amateur Radio Club, will be utilizing the La Plata Train Station Museum, operating as K3SMD. (The SMD is for Southern MarylanD.) We plan to have a QSL with a photo of the station and the restored US Navy caboose. If you're operating on Field Day, give us a shout!

The line through La Plata was originally built as the Baltimore and Potomac, came under Pennsylvania Railroad control and is now the Popes Creek Subdivision of CSX. For a little more insight:

http://www.traingod.railfan.net

73, hope to hear some of you out there! (If you're in the area, stop in and join us-we're about 35 miles southeast of Washington, DC.)

#134102  by starionwolf

I might go to the Arlington chapter of the American Red Cross. I'll try to listen to the railroads while I am calling CQ on the VHF and UHF bands.

#135729  by Hoosierailnut

I hope to go if i can get my fiance to go with me. If not oh well. LOL

KC9GUZ

#140510  by n2qhvRMLI

Hi Art,

My son graduates from High School on Saturday so I'm at home for the first part of Field Day. I plan to attend on Sunday.

The Peconic Amateur Radio Club, www.peconic-arc.org/ operates Field Day from the Horton's Point Lighthouse Park overlooking Long Island Sound and the shoreline of Connecticut. We will be W2AMC - NLI - 3A

Have a Great Field Day!
73 de Don, N2QHV