Railroad Forums 

• Amtrak on board radio

• Discussion related to railroad radio frequencies, railroad communication practices, equipment, and more.
Discussion related to railroad radio frequencies, railroad communication practices, equipment, and more.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#117077  by Meteor Mike

Can someone tell me what frequencies I would want to listen to while aboard the Silver Meteor from Phila to florida? I have an old Radio Shack pro-34, which I have programmes for the AAR frequencies. I would like to be able to listen to the crew during my upcoming trip. Any help is greatly appreciated. I found out about this forum from a member of the club I belong to, the West Jersey Chapter of NRHS. Looks like a lot of help from some knowledgeable people. Thanks.

#117544  by Engineer

From Philly to DC, it will be on (AAR 54) 160.92 MHz. South of that, it will depend on the host (freight) railroad Amtrak operates on...

#117571  by Meteor Mike

Thanks. I believe the rest of the way would be CSX. Someone I know at Amtrak is trying to get me that info.

#120882  by starionwolf

I found these freuqncies on another board:

160.920 Mid-Atlantic division (Washington, D.C. to Morrisville, PA)

161.010 Metropolitan division (Morrisville, PA to New Rochelle, NY)

In the Washington D.C. area, I hear:

Road: 161.550 (Ch 96)
Dispatcher: 160.410 (Ch 20)

I hear data tones or pager tones on this channel.

I'm too far from Union Station to hear anything on 160.92.

160.35 seems to be the maintinence channe. 160.29 seems to be a switching or D.C. / Alexandria Yard frequency.

If I hear anything else that sounds like an Amtrak conductor or dispatcher, I'll let you know.

Hope this helps.

#121331  by Meteor Mike

Thanks. Will try these out and report back to everyone.