Railroad Forums 

• Problem with HP Photosmart 1000 Printer

• Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.
Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.

Moderators: nomis, keeper1616

#520873  by HarryP

Recently I've been having great success scanning my 35mm slides into 8x10 prints, both b&w and color, using a Canon FS4000 US scanner, Adobe Photodeluxe programs, and an HP Photosmart 1000 Printer, all of which are compatible with Windows 98 upgrade (I am using an old computer for my photo work only).

Unfortunately, my original printer wore out, and I obtained a replacement of the same type printer thru e-Bay. After using it for a short time, some of the prints were coming out discolored on the left side of the print (the first side to come out of the printer). I then obtained another HP Photosmart printer, but encountered the same problem.

Does anyone out there know where this problem can be originating? It seems odd that the same thing would happen with both printers. I reinstalled all the software, cleaned the print cartridges, etc., but it still happens on approx. every third or fourth print, even with a brand-new inkjet.

The reason I cannot use a more modern printer is that it would not be compatible with my other equipment and programs, which would be expensive to replace.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.