Railroad Forums 

• High-Def Train Videos? Pro productions

• Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.
Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.

Moderators: nomis, keeper1616

#525202  by LNJ614

Well thats funny, I had just brought 2 high def camcorders-the canon vixia hv30 and the sony Hc-7. Both are taped based camcorders. I shot at night with canon at night shooting high speed commuter trains and it did suprisingly well.

#526076  by jtbell

From what I've read, it's rather expensive to produce a Blu-Ray disc, and of course the number of players out there is still small. It was apparently cheaper to get into HD DVD, so I was hoping that it would win the "HD format war."

I don't think we'll see niche-market material like railroad stuff appear for a while. Remember how long it took for railroad-video producers to switch from VHS to regular DVD? Several opera and classical music videos (another niche market) did appear on HD DVD before it went belly-up in February, and they're only now starting to come out on Blu-Ray.

#526220  by LNJ614

In time prices will come down-Hd is worth every penny. As far as the format war goes, from what I understand, Blu-ray has one the war.

#526265  by CarterB

BluRay disc of a C&O H-8 huffing a string of coal up from Hinton to Clifton Forge on my 7:1 surround sound home theater with a 46" Sharp Aquos LCD!!!

And for icing on the cake, a UP Challenger hauling varnish through the Wasatch!! Add a cold one and some chips......heaven!!!

#528447  by LNJ614

In time,like everything else, the price of Hi-def equipment will be affordable to just about anyone.