Railroad Forums 

• Music Licensing and Slide Music Programs

• Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.
Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.

Moderators: nomis, keeper1616

#486201  by mxdata

I see from several recent news articles that the recording industry is now pursuing prosecution of those who use unlicensed music as part of presentations at paid admission events. Any thoughts on how long it is going to take before this closes down the various multi-presenter slide-music program events? Or will the big slide program events eventually end up all being "talkies"? (does anybody still do those?)
 #486263  by Ken W2KB

mxdata wrote:I see from several recent news articles that the recording industry is now pursuing prosecution of those who use unlicensed music as part of presentations at paid admission events. Any thoughts on how long it is going to take before this closes down the various multi-presenter slide-quireprogram events? Or will the big slide program events eventually end up all being "talkies"? (does anybody still do those?)
My recollection is the amount of royalty that would be exacted is relatively small for these types of presentations. One could contact one of the organiizations such as BMI or ASCAP and determine what would be required.

#490147  by Arborway

Archive.org has a good library of tracks with licenses that would be workable for many presentations.