Railroad Forums 

• High Res Photos For Backgrounds?

• Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.
Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.

Moderators: nomis, keeper1616

#461765  by l008com

Anyone know where I can get some really high resolution rail photos? Like seriously big stuff, for modern LCDs? To span my dual monitor system, i need like 3600 x 1200 pixels. A single 30" Cinema display is 2560 x 1600 pixels. And of course the bigger the better cause as we all know, the more you shrink down an image in photoshop, the better the quality of the image.
 #461878  by Ken W2KB

l008com wrote:Anyone know where I can get some really high resolution rail photos? Like seriously big stuff, for modern LCDs? To span my dual monitor system, i need like 3600 x 1200 pixels. A single 30" Cinema display is 2560 x 1600 pixels. And of course the bigger the better cause as we all know, the more you shrink down an image in photoshop, the better the quality of the image.
I just took a quick look at the properties of one photo I took with my Pentax K10D, an advanced amateur, low-end pro type of camera. It was 3822x2591 and 3.5 MB, JPG format. In raw format it would be around 30 MB.