Railroad Forums 

• Cool Cab Ride Video

• Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.
Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.

Moderators: nomis, keeper1616

#1446207  by DutchRailnut

my guess is engineers career won't be long unless its a CSX authorized camera.
 #1446662  by Jeff Smith

Admin note: post reviewed and approved. We review posts such as these for legal reasons. First, we want to ensure that we protect the privacy of our members. Unless they self identify we don’t allow publication of names with the exception public figures. Second videos such as this often raise issues such as safety, trespassing or violation of rules, etc.

In this case the video is on a public site (YouTube). If someone such as the person identified an agency or the railroad object they can request the Social Media site take the video down. They can ask us as well. The only thing posted here is a link.

Second the person in question is retired. Disciplinary action is extremely unlikely unless this is a military railroad unit.

It also doesn’t appear as if the engineer is taking the video.

While we have a strict no trespassing rule and don’t endorse anything that could be construed as dangerous I’m inclined to believe this is relatively harmless. Almost like a GoPro video.

Please PM me if you have any further concerns.

Jeff