Railroad Forums 

• Dedicated Cab Ride or Railfan View Videos

• Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.
Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.

Moderators: nomis, keeper1616

#1401095  by ACMOTORSTOP

Walter Berko & Pentrex aside, I've gone through massive amounts of front window or actual authorized cab ride Youtube railfan videos & a great many good videos eventually render themselves useless due to the videographer zooming in & out, panning, uncontrollable jerking, too much gab or scene ruining graphics, I am in no way bashing these guys for they do a very good job considering the post 9-1-1 paranoia & full cab control cars & dedicated engines that shut railfanners out, I am a virtual engineer & the gaming & virtual cab ride videos are poor quality & unrealistic at best. I'm looking for front view videos (I don't care what railroad) that actually emulates what the engineer sees from point of origin to destination, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time & everybody have a nice weekend.
 #1401568  by NaugyRR

CTA Connections on YouTube has a nice series of pro-quality front-end-view videos, as does Fan Railer and Jersey Mike. If you have any interest in European railways, check out the Bahn TV in Fahrt series on YouTube, and Video125.co.uk has video downloads you can buy and offers a a full-length 'preview' video for free. There's also some UK "driver trainer" videos on YouTube that not only show the view from the head-end but gives signal and track configuration details as well. There's plenty out there, you just have to use your 'Google' skills! :-D
 #1401899  by ACMOTORSTOP

Thanks loads NaugyRR, AcelaPhiliies has so many videos I have to break them down just to examine his cab ride & railfan front view videos, never checked out CTA Connections, Jersey Mike has some awesome stuff as does Fan Railer, just have to weed out the ones with pan, zoom, shake, gab & graphics, There is a guy who has really serious cabride or railfan view videos with no audio, most of these are full ride videos, there are some member comments on Youtube that make some hints of how he's doing this that should be removed. They were painful to watch but his stuff is real world & I just might run his videos through the TV & create my own sounds with a software program through a laptop & use the RailDriver for stand alone control simulation. Again thanks & enjoy your weekend.