Railroad Forums 

• Etiquette at locations

• Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.
Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.

Moderators: nomis, keeper1616

#1376835  by Gone2long

So I was setup at a location not named in the interest of causing issues but my tripod was setup with my video equipment which I operate remotely from my truck at a grade crossing just above an active yard, an NS set of units pulled just short of the grade and stopped for whatever reason so I was recording a turkey who had been making noise all morning calling the girls in when someone pulled up got out of his truck walked up to my gear and proceeded to stand right in front of it and snap away, if he had gotten any closer he would have fogged the lens! I hope this is not the norm as I have only run into 2 people while doing this and he was one of them. :(
 #1376988  by kilroy

There's more than one intellectually challenged railfan out there Gone.

A couple of weeks ago I was sitting in my truck at a location in South Plainfield NJ when one of the younger generation of fans pulls in right next to the tracks, blocking my shot. Since I had to leave in a few minutes I didn't say anything but there was a lack of consideration and intelligence (for sure). The reason he parked there was so he could look down the tracks to see if a train was coming. The location is next to a grade crossing. Well guess what, gates go down, train's in town. No need to look for it. It will tell you when it's coming.

In your case it was most definitely deliberate and shows an intellectual development of a third grader.