Railroad Forums 

• Having trouble with a memory card

• Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.
Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.

Moderators: nomis, keeper1616

#1171417  by Lackawanna565

This past July I went to California. Did some railfanning out there. When I got home. The one memory card was giving me problems. Couldn't see any of the photos or videos. And it won't upload anything to the computer. Someone looked at the card for me and said he couldn't get the card to power up. Something like that. He thinks static electricity got to it. I think it was from when I was laying in my bed on the way home on the train. Is there anything I could do to get the photos and videos back? I don't want to give up on it and throw the card away. If it is useless. It was my first time out to California and seeing the trains out there.

Thanks for any help.
 #1171628  by MEC407

I would suggest contacting the card manufacturer. Some of them offer free programs you can download to help rescue files that have been accidentally deleted or files that have become corrupt.

There are also some good suggestions here: http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/acce ... -card.html

But definitely contact the manufacturer first and see what they recommend.

In the meantime, don't put the card in a camera or in a card reader, as this could potentially make matters worse.