Railroad Forums 

• UPDATE: FA-2 #302 at Colonie, NY

• Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.
Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.

Moderator: Alcoman

#470847  by Alcoman

The trackwork to allow this locomotive to be moved is almost done as of today. This means that the FA could be shipped out any day now.

#471226  by trainspot

Thanks for the update! Keep us posted!

#472305  by Alcoman

Just received word that if CSX inspects it this week, it could be on its way to Virginia by Friday 11/30. It will be going on CSX via Selkirk so keep an eye out for it next week.
John

#472329  by ATK

How about the rest of the stuff at Colonie? I thought that part of the deal with CP Rail was that the track was reconnected, and that EVERYTHING was removed, not just one piece.....

#472336  by Alcoman

There is something in the works, but there a gentleman who is trying lay an ownership claim to equipment that clearly does not belong to him.
This is creating a real problem for those who have the resources to get some of that stuff out.

#472371  by Alcoman

The FA is moved to the end of the switch waiting to be picked up by CP.

#472411  by thebigham

Great news!!!!

Thanks, John!

#473268  by Nova55

Interesting that there using BDLX reporting marks.

#473455  by thebigham

Thanks for the photo.

#479753  by Lehighton_Man

wow! i remember seeing a video of that locomotive, and several others along with a few dead cars. is there plans set for the other locomotives as well?
I know there is a S2, i think theres an RS1, and a RS3. Not too sure.
But anyway, keep us informed about the progress of moving these relics
Thanks,
Sean

#487061  by thebigham

Any news??

Chris

#487072  by Alcoman

As of today 1/2/08; the FA is still there. CSX has yet to inspect it I am told.

#487158  by mxdata

If he is coming out from Selkirk all I can say is "good luck". They might get a quicker response calling Jacksonville.

#490914  by mxdata

Did they ever get the inspection or are they still waiting?