Ethanol plant near Syracuse to get Alcos

Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.

Moderator: Alcoman

Alcoman

Ethanol plant near Syracuse to get Alcos

Post by Alcoman »

Just leaned that an Ethanol Plant near Baldwinsville (old Budwiser Plant) will be getting 2 Alco's to switch the plant. The plant is located on the former DL&W-EL line between Syracuse & Oswego. The units are coming from the "South". This is all I know right now.
Anyone have any other information?

GOLDEN-ARM

Post by GOLDEN-ARM »

Maybe the two C-628's from "south of the border", are returning to the region of their birth? (yeah, I know, dream on......)

blabey

Post by blabey »

Think Northwest Arkansas - not "the south."

Alcochaser

Post by Alcochaser »

Surely A&M is not selling any alcos?

Or do you mean the two Little Rock and Western C420

Alcoman

Post by Alcoman »

While in Scranton Tuesday, a railfan told me the switching contract was won by the A&M and they will be sending up an RS32 and a C420 for power.
Interesting..... :-D

thebigham

Post by thebigham »

Yes! Very...

Yes, 2 more Alco for NYS.

LocoEngineer7

Re: NEW ALCOS FOR ETHANOL PLANT

Post by LocoEngineer7 »

Alcoman wrote:Just leaned that an Ethanol Plant near Baldwinsville (old Budwiser Plant) will be getting 2 Alco's to switch the plant. The plant is located on the former DL&W-EL line between Syracuse & Oswego. The units are coming from the "South". This is all I know right now.
Anyone have any other information?
Actually you are incorrect about the location of the Ethanol Plant. It is being built in Fulton, NY on the site of the former Miller Brewery, not the Budweiser brewery (formerly Schlitz) in B-ville.

Rick

Return to “American Locomotive Company - ALCO”