Railroad Forums 

• Kankakee Beaverville & Southern Railroad

• Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.
Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.

Moderator: Alcoman

#333104  by Alcoman

Yes, They were sold or scrapped.

#336919  by cito

Some of the Alcos survive elsewhere .... an RS11 remains at an on-line elevator; the ex-CW RS-11 No. 324 is on the D-L in Pennsylvania, and the ex-GB&W RS3m has a new owner, too, I believe, possibly a museum or private individual. Others may also survive; don't know if the C420 No. 315 escaped the scrapper or not.

#336987  by N. Todd

315 was sold to VLIX (Ed Bowers) in June 2004. Supposedly it was shipped to the Southern Appalachia Railway Museum... I don't think it was anywhere near servicable when it left KB&S. John, can you help us out here?

#337002  by Alcoman

N. Todd wrote:315 was sold to VLIX (Ed Bowers) in June 2004. Supposedly it was shipped to the Southern Appalachia Railway Museum... I don't think it was anywhere near servicable when it left KB&S. John, can you help us out here?
The only thing I heard regarding that unit is that it had a spun bearing or broken crankshaft. I will keep an eye out for it.
John
 #341877  by LJ

Ed Bowers of Vintage Locomotive Inc. ( V.L.I.X. ) also owns one of the ex. N & W RS-11's it is stored on the Vermillion Valley R. R. down at Olin, In. I can't remember if it was the 312, 321, or 318.

#341946  by 2spot

Do they still have that snowplow thats shaped like an RS-11?
 #346420  by LJ

Yes they do. That RS - 11 snowplow is kept by the grain elevator in Beaverville, il.