Locomotive Wheel Lathe

Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.

Moderator: Alcoman

WardInd

Locomotive Wheel Lathe

Post by WardInd »

I am looking to buy a locomotive wheel lathe.Condition is unimportant.Any size will be considered.

Wade Nye
Ward Industries
(916) 548-1347

BrianM

Post by BrianM »

I know the SRNJ just recently purchased one. I can get the information from them for you. They bought it right from the company.

Brian

WardInd

Wheel Lathe

Post by WardInd »

I know where to buy a new one.I am looking for used. This new one to replace an existing one and what will they they be doing with the old one?

Wade

BrianM

Re: Wheel Lathe

Post by BrianM »

WardInd wrote:I know where to buy a new one.I am looking for used. This new one to replace an existing one and what will they they be doing with the old one?

Wade

This was not a replaement. Previously, they sent the unit out to be done.

Brian

WardInd

Wheel Lathe

Post by WardInd »

Ohh Well....

Who were they farming the work out to? Maybe they have one that they wish to sell.

Thanks

BrianM

Re: Wheel Lathe

Post by BrianM »

WardInd wrote:Ohh Well....

Who were they farming the work out to? Maybe they have one that they wish to sell.

Thanks

Conrail

Brian

bystander

Post by bystander »

where is there shop buliding don 't they hav to have some sort of buildng for this things?

Tadman

Post by Tadman »

check out www.surplusrecord.com - they have lots of used industrial equipment.
Dig the new rr.net Instagram account: @railroad_dot_net

scharnhorst

Post by scharnhorst »

Canadian National had one for sale on there surplus section on there web page a few weeks ago don't know if its still posted there or not.

Return to “American Locomotive Company - ALCO”