Railroad Forums 

• Alco Status request of the following:

• Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.
Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.

Moderator: Alcoman

#198952  by Alcoman

I would like to find out the current status of the following Alcos. I am trying to update information I have on these:
1) Anyone know if ANY of the LNA&C Alcos have been sold yet?
2) Has any of the Hudson Bay M420's been sold yet? I noticed that the ad in Rail Swap was deleted.
3) Has the SSB # 1217A been moved yet from its spot in Utah? It was sold to a guy in Ohio who told me that he was moving it there.
4) Can anyone confirm a rumor that Apache is selling their Alcos?
5) It was expected that the 2 C420's on the Little Rock & Arkansas were to be sold. Anything to indicate that it will happen soon?
6) Has anyone seen the Ohio Central C420 in new paint? Pictures?
7) One magazine reported that the W&H RS-23's were sold. Can anyone confirm this?

#198969  by wess

I wasnt aware that the Apache was selling off their fleet. Seems they havent had their 424's that long. I'll be heading that way in a few weeks. I'll try to find out
wess

#198997  by RS-3

I would be shocked, shocked I say, if this were true. Until it actually happens I'm chalking it up as pure rumor. (ie, I'll believe it when I see it.)

RS

#199005  by Alcoman

Its not the first time I have heard this. Before they bought the CP C424's, 6-7 years ago?; this same rumor was floating around, but the railroad made the right move by buying the C424's.
Lets hope it is nothing more than a rumor.