Railroad Forums 

• Need loco # for builders plate

• Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.
Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.

Moderator: Alcoman

#1495858  by BR&P

I have an Alco builders plate off an NYC RS-2 or RS-3. Number is 75680, dated January 1948. Can anyone either give me the road number, or point to a web site which would have that info?

Thank you!
 #1495867  by BR&P

Wow, thanks! You'd think I would have learned the wonders of Google by now, but sometimes I overlook the obvious.

I was thinking of selling the builder's plate and wanted to know what it came from. Could not remember where I got it, but those units sat dead at Atlantic Avenue engine house in Rochester before heading out for scrap, and I probably took a moment of company time to remove it.

As thanks for the help, here's a shot of the unit in PC days and not long before retirement. It in the North Yard (which by then consisted of only one track) at Charlotte NY in Feb 1970.
img910.jpg
img910.jpg (286.45 KiB) Viewed 2626 times