Railroad Forums 

• Need help with builders plate and information

• Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.
Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.

Moderator: Alcoman

#1456316  by NatsyNate

I need some help finding some information on the locomotive connected to 79419 I know nothing in this area so the information I have found so far may be wrong. I bought a couple boxes of HO scale trains in fair condition( mostly seaboard units) and with it came a box of paperwork most from the 1950s some stretching into the 80's. It has blue prints for terminals, pictures from the 60's or earlier, operating book and other items.
What im looking for is where the unit was actually placed in service? where it most likely ran? If the reverser lever is correct for that model (RS3) and if any of the paperwork should stay with the builders plate? Is there any pictures of the train anywhere? ANY information is greatly appreciated!!!
From what I have found the locomotive was a RS3 built for Seaboard Air Line. Most likely had the road number 1665. ANY information pertaining to the builders plate OR ANYTHING you see in the pictures please leave some info for me.

THANKS!

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image