Railroad Forums 

• Cartier Alcos?

• Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.
Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.

Moderator: Alcoman

#1359006  by jaash5

Hi,

I've been trying to find out what happened to the Cartier Mining Railways Alcos after the arrival of the GEs. I know a handful were scrapped by a marine diesel place. I know there were 8 that went to the NYS&W before returning to Cohocton on the B&H and now reside over on the WNYP (41,43, 85, 636,637,638). 77 and 79 were scrapped earlier this year. Which were two of the original c626 demonstrator units. What happend to the 3rd Alco demo unit, 78?

There were a few more over around the time before the NYS7W got them, (number47 I saw pictures of)

What happened to the rest of the Alcos on Cartier, I saw some things that they were rebuilt and kept their on work trains, some others I can find any info on, I know they had RS18s and some other 4 axle locomotives. I can't find anything either on the RSD15s.

Any help greatly appreciated.
 #1362033  by CREEPING DEATH

The other former demonstrator, 636-1, was scrapped by/at Cartier after being used as a parts source.
The ex-FM&IR, nee-UP C630 (on trimount trucks) is in Pine Bluff, AR, in UP paint.
Not sure about the rest.

CD