Railroad Forums 

• Fuse Size for HH660?

• Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.
Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.

Moderator: Alcoman

#1338192  by smph50

Hi Guys!

The WNYRHS is getting close to test firing Buffalo Creek #43 in Hamburg, NY.

http://www.trainweb.org/wnyrhs/bc432015.htm

We are missing the fuse for the electric radiator fan motor. It is larger than the REN-100 that protects the Control Stand circuits but is smaller than the REN-450 amp fuse to the compressor motor. Of the 11 or so HH600 and HH660's left, has anyone taken a picture of the electric cab to ID the size of this fuse?

Remember that S-2's went to belt drive for all the accessories so we can't look in a manual for one of them.

Thanks for your help! Sincerely, Scott H. - WNYRHS
 #1338799  by DutchRailnut

check radiator fan motor plate and add 30% to rated amperage for starting current
 #1339075  by Alcoman

Scott,
Check your HH660 parts books that I gave you or the electrical operating Instructions. There should be something on this there, If all else fails, Give RELCO a phone call. They should be able to help.
John M
 #1339757  by smph50

Hello John and DuchRailNut,

Thank you for your helpful thoughts!

John, I looked through all the paperwork you sent me but found no electrical specs. DutchRail, the motor plate is unreadable. I did talk to a secretary at RELCO who told me she would have a manager call back but none did.

Pat C. and Ed R. at the Buffalo Southern were able to dig up some old prints that came from Bethlehem Steel for South Buffalo ALCO's #53 and #57,
both HH600's. One specified a 150amp fuse (#53) and the #57 had a 200amp on the sheet. We will get one of each and let you know how things turn out.

Thanks for the help! Sincerely, Scott H.

July Updates:
http://www.trainweb.org/wnyrhs/bc432015.htm#bc43715