Railroad Forums 

• D&H 5019

• Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.
Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.

Moderator: Alcoman

#1323713  by scottychaos

Yep, its D&H 5019.
was owned and used by the Upper Hudson River railroad on their tourist trains..
then the UHRR was taken over by the Saratoga & North Creek, who is the current operator of the line.

There are actually three Alcos in North Creek NY:

Alco S1 No. 5
Alco S2 No. 821
Alco RS36 No. 5019.

I dont think all three have common ownership..
one or two might be privately owned, and one or two inherited by the S&NC, and owned by them.
im not exactly sure who owns what..

In any event, the Alcos were parked a few years ago and are not being actively used right now.
they were for sale, and likely still are..

if anyone knows the specifics, im sure they will join in..

Scot
 #1323734  by traingeek8223

The 5 and 821 are owned by SNC. The 821 sees service from time to time, usually up the branch to to the mine. The 5 does not get used often as it does not fit any of the current needs of the railroad. The RS36 is privately owned. It is in desperate need of wheels and some other minor mechanical work to return to service. It has not been operated since the second to last season of the Upper Hudson River Railroad. SNC would like to use it, but an agreement between both parties has not been worked out to date.
 #1328359  by Alcoman

traingeek8223 wrote:The 5 and 821 are owned by SNC. The 821 sees service from time to time, usually up the branch to to the mine. The 5 does not get used often as it does not fit any of the current needs of the railroad. The RS36 is privately owned. It is in desperate need of wheels and some other minor mechanical work to return to service. It has not been operated since the second to last season of the Upper Hudson River Railroad. SNC would like to use it, but an agreement between both parties has not been worked out to date.

Recently, I heard that all 3 ALCO's are up for sale. The SNC wants to focus on EMD power only.