Railroad Forums 

• RUMOR or TRUE ??? APACHE RR shutting down for good ?

• Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.
Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.

Moderator: Alcoman

#1231075  by Alcoman

While not shutting down, Someone on another list has posted that the railroad will start scrapping its ALCO's. Can anyone verify this information and report back to us?
I find this hard to believe given the top-notch condition of the ALCO's in addition to the fact there may be buyers out there waiting to scoop a few up.
Kohn
 #1333222  by Leo_Ames

Anyone know the current status of their locomotive fleet, including whatever inactive locomotives they may of had on hand when operations ceased (They still had three retired RS36's at their shop until at least fairly recently, for instance)?
 #1333250  by NorthWest

The railroad is still in service as needed; with car storage moves operating sporadically. I think only 81,98 and 99 are currently in service, as they are the only ones that have been seen powering trains. I think 97 and the rest of the C420s are stored serviceable. The RS36s have been retired since before the 'shutdown' and are still there in somewhat recent satellite images. Hope this helps.