Railroad Forums 

• Castaway Caboose/Durbin Rocket Line in West Virginia

• General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.
General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.

Moderators: rob216, Miketherailfan

#897309  by rrbluesman

My buddy and I were looking into the Castaway Caboose where the Durbin Rocket strands you in the middle of the woods for a few days. Has anyone taken the trip? What is the caboose like inside? How much food will I need to take? Is it worth the money?
 #912085  by dgvrengineer

I have not personally stayed in the caboose, but I have been in them (there are 2). They drop you off at the end of the line about 4 miles from Durbin along the river. The cabooses have full kitchen, bath, shower & heat. There is no cell phone service in that area.
Larry