Railroad Forums 

• Carver’s Edaville Railroad up for sale

• General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.
General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.

Moderators: rob216, Miketherailfan

#868573  by steamer69

That would be a great loss to the narrow gauge community. Edaville was the savior of Maine Narrow Gauge equipment, it would be very sad to see it torn the rest of the way out. I hope someone steps forward to save it!
 #868581  by daylight4449

steamer69 wrote:That would be a great loss to the narrow gauge community. Edaville was the savior of Maine Narrow Gauge equipment, it would be very sad to see it torn the rest of the way out. I hope someone steps forward to save it!
even if edaville closes, thats even if the people in south carver let it close, save the anne elizabeth. they could rebuild her into sandy river #24
 #868628  by steamer69

Now that is a very interesting idea. I don't think it would be too hard to do, and I'm sure that with the announcement of selling the equipment off as well, you may be able to get it at a decent price. Would be better to see Edaville saved in whole though.....
 #868735  by MBTA3247

steamer69 wrote:Would be better to see Edaville saved in whole though.....
It's about 18 years too late for that...
 #868811  by daylight4449

MBTA3247 wrote:
steamer69 wrote:Would be better to see Edaville saved in whole though.....
It's about 18 years too late for that...
hey this is really just edaville V2. whose to say it closing down won't be another "software update". anywho, glad my vice pricipal hasn't found out yet. he'll flip when he finds out
 #868967  by steamer69

Well, the price tag that they are asking is kind of high. I'm not too convinced that an operator could make that kind of investment fly....there is a reason that the current operators are not going to renue their lease.