Railroad Forums 

• Wilmington & Western RR

• General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.
General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.

Moderators: rob216, Miketherailfan

#808088  by tgv1138

We rented a caboose on the 2:30 train on Sunday May 16, 2010 for my son's 5th birthday. What a GREAT day!!! Everyone felt like a little kid again. This was my first ride EVER in a caboose and the first time I rode the WWRR since I was a little boy. The rental was dirt cheap too. And it was Pufferbelly Day!!! Our train was doubleheaded steam led by 4-4-0 #98.
 #808286  by mwhite

I rode on Sunday as well - this place is a class act! I'm ready to visit again.
 #808716  by tj48

For me I've always felt the 4-4-0 design had a very classic elegant look.
 #812724  by tgv1138

Thanks for posting those pics!!! It only cost $200 to reserver the caboose. Best deal for sure!!!