Railroad Forums 

• Throttle time at Nevada Northern

• General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.
General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.

Moderators: rob216, Miketherailfan

#785767  by mxbassett

The Nevada Northern Railway Museum is having a promotion on its Ultimate Locomotive Rental Program. This program allows you to operate both a steam locomotive and a diesel locomotive on 28 miles of mainline track.

http://www.nnry.com.
 #786826  by GSC

A great opportunity for those who can do it.

Saves all those years of doing grunt work, firing, and then finally getting to the right-hand side in museum-tourist line service like a lot of us here did. Great topic for those BS sessions when everyone is trying to outdo each other's experiences. "Hey, ever operate a steam locomotive? No? Well, I did."

When they don't believe me, I just whip out my NJ black seal steam loco license. (Well, it's in a frame, on the wall)