Railroad Forums 

• HCRY- Halton County Radial

• General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.
General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.

Moderators: rob216, Miketherailfan

#399603  by rail10

Do you know of the Halton County Radial Museum of Halton County Ontario Canada that deals with Toronto Streetcars of years gone by?

#486159  by Tom6921

I'm a member of the HCRR and go there a few times a year. My favorite cars in their collection are the PCC streetcars and the subway cars.

#490830  by Tom6921

Last night, someone broke into the museum and seriously graffitied former Toronto Gloucester subway cars 5098/99. Needless to say, many people are extremely disgusted. And the museum is in the middle of the country. And those cars are amoung my favorite cars in the collection and were the reason I found out about that museum and started going there.

I am aware of the IRM graffiti incident a few years back as well. This time, I think the circumstances are different than from the IRM taggings.
 #996849  by Tom6921

Yesterday I visited the museum with a friend (who is also a member)for their Christmas event. When we arrived the woman in the gift shop asked if we had backpacks because when we last visited, (which was around Halloween), an unnamed item(s) were stolen and she jumped to the conclusion it was us lacking any evidence proving us. She didn't care that we were members and even said if we had our backpacks, she wouldn't let us in!

I have been supportive of this museum and am furious they would even think for once second I was a thief! It's innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around.

My friend is so disgusted that he said he's never going back! I most likely will return for their 2012 season and renew, but I have sent an email to the general manager of the museum complaining about the treatment.

This isn't the first time I have been accused of taking something from the museum. The first time was back in 2001 when I was with some other transit fans on a bus charter which visited the museum. They said after we visited, some destination signs from some of their cars were missing and blamed us even though the destination signs are hard to conceal on a bus.

The second time was back in September when another member accused my friend and I of taking a phone. When we told him it wasn't us, he eventually apologized, but I was disgusted. Now this is the THIRD TIME!