Railroad Forums 

• Jamestown NY Trolley Restoration Project Needs Votes

• General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.
General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.

Moderators: rob216, Miketherailfan

#1360159  by Jamestown NY Trolley

Hope I am not doing something I shouldn't here... We are currently restoring 1926 St Louis Car Company car that worked the Jamestown Street Railway in Jamestown NY. We have been offered and opportunity to win $5000 for the restoration project if we win this contest... Unfortunately for us, most of the people we are connected to don't use facebook, and that is how one votes for us. Below is the info you need to help us out and here's a link to our restoration site and a link to the face book page where you have to click on the trolley image to give us a vote. I should mention that these organizations can apply for grants with the CRCF, so we are not taking away from the other groups, this is an extra thing that was set up by the foundation to add a little spice to giving. Voting ends 5pm Tues Dec 8th:

http://jamestowntrolley.org/trolrest/index.html

https://www.facebook.com/CRCFOnline/

Hi all, Please Help the Trolley...

For any of you that are hooked up to some massive facebook crowd, please get us some votes.

Our Trolley #93 restoration project is entered into a contest with the Chautauqua Region Community Foundation. It is a Facebook "like" thing and people have to go to the foundation site on facebook as per the following:

Beginning on #GivingTuesday, December 1, log onto Facebook and “like” the Chautauqua Region Community Foundation and look for the photo album titled #GivingTuesday 2015. There will be a photo from each organization listed above with information about their project.
Next, “like” your favorite photo-or all five if you can’t pick just one! The photo with the most likes by 5 p.m. Tuesday, December 8 will win a $5,000 grant to complete their project!

Again, for any of you that are hooked up to some massive facebook crowd, please get us some votes.

Thank you,
Bob Johnston
Jamestown Trolley Car #93 Restoration Project

Also, I very much apologize to anyone who has received this message and didn't want to. Most people interested in the trolley are not on facebook, so I have had to push the envelope a bit by doing things I normally might not...