Railroad Forums 

• Help with a discription

• General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.
General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.

Moderators: rob216, Miketherailfan

#1347744  by Gbro

New to this forum,
My name is Greg and I am a tour guide at a Minnesota State Park in Calumet MN.
The Hill Annex is Named after the Well Known empire builder James J. Hill. (some claim it my be Louis Hill)?
Anyway I have a repro news article that make a statement;
Usually this is done by hand, but the Guthrie company has followed the methods in use in the railroad constructing and has brought into use the spreader which will clear away any dirt completely to a 1912 of 2,000. The average daily production per man depth even with above or below the level of the track and does this work at the rate of about three minutes for a train load .

From this article, http://www.nashwauk.net/HILLANNEXIRONMINE.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This was exactly how it was printed back in 1915.
And if it is a misprint, what would the correct meaning be???

Thank You, Please
 #1347820  by Backshophoss

Its the use of a Jorden Spreader to keep the Right of Way clear of debris that fell off the side dump cars en route to the
Dumping area and after dumping at the dump site.
The pic shows the Spreader with the Flanger Plow in use, 1 of the wings about in position to push debris to the side,
the other wing is in the raised position,to be folded up or to be set up to push debris to the side.
 #1347877  by Gbro

This line here is what I am interested in,
completely to a 1912 of 2,000.
Is this 1912 of 2,000 something that is has a meaning or a misprint??
And Thanks