Railroad Forums 

• Road trip!

• General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.
General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.

Moderators: rob216, Miketherailfan

#1344611  by theseaandalifesaver

Hey all,

At the end of September I'm taking two months off from existing to drive across the lovely United States of America with two from. We'll begin in Seattle and have no other plans than to eventually end up in both Chicago and Boston then back to Seattle eventually. While the trip is in no way based around anything railfan related, I'd love to take advantage of the fact that I'll be a ton of new places I'd never been and would love to see as much railroad stuff as possible!

So what I'm looking for is, in your opinion, the ABSOLUTE BEST rail places to see. I'm more into the historical side of things than the scenic train ride side. (Think NYC Transit museum over Conway Scenic)

Go!