Railroad Forums 

• Red Caboose Motel Bobber Caboose Question

• General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.
General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.

Moderators: rob216, Miketherailfan

#1312607  by BerwickRailFan

I'm working on a book about the Carroll Park and Western Railroad that operated in Bloomsburg, Pa back in the 1960s and 1970s. When it closed the CP&W bobber caboose ended up at the Red Caboose Motel in Strasburg. Currently is painted yellow and wears the herald of the Southern Pacific Lines. I'm looking for info on this caboose from the time it arrived at the Red Caboose Motel up until present day. At one point it was painted to represent the LIRR. The caboose was originally built by the PRR around 1960 and used on the PRR Middle Division. I'm also searching for info on it's history with the PRR, when it was retiered, and where the CP&W aquired it from. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks,
Andrew