Railroad Forums 

• Hub City Railroad Museum (Spartanburg, SC, off I-85)

• General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.
General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.

Moderators: rob216, Miketherailfan

#1211128  by SouthernRailway

I was driving through upstate South Carolina this weekend and stopped by the Hub City Railroad Museum, which is in the Spartanburg train station. There is a 1940s-era caboose with a few displays, models and memorabilia, plus a few rooms in the train station itself, with plenty of Southern Railway, ACL and other railroad items, including a 1920s-era film of a ride on the electrified Piedmont & Northern, and a gift shop. The people who staff the museum were very friendly, and it's definitely worth a stop if you're driving along I-85 (or even want to drive an hour or so from Charlotte).

If anyone has any updates on this museum, as I was told that it will be expanding, I'd be curious.

Thanks.