Railroad Forums 

• Seashore Trolley Museum Discussion

• General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.
General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.

Moderators: rob216, Miketherailfan

#155438  by mb41

Yes, I got to put the face to the name. I saw you on 420 with your brother. Glad you had fun, it is always nice to see cars out like 420.

#155833  by stevo

i don't remember seeing you though.....

#157162  by mb41

Update:

Interior of 1304 Washington PCC being re-painted. Doors getting new glass. The car was re-painted last year and step well re-built.

1227 Cleveland Railways, month ago the car was re-painted. This car has under gone a 20 year 155k restoration project.

420 North Shore is running once more, thanks to Jeremy Whittman and his crew two weeks ago.

#157330  by FullParallel

Hi all, I am also a recent operators class graduate. I hoped to spend more time around the museum, but being stationed onboard an underway Coast Guard cutter has limited my off time lately. I get up whenever I can. I was at the museum last Thursday night with my kids for an evening ice cream run and was asked by Eliot K. if I will be there for the reading celebration on Friday, turns out work was very willing to give me the day off for community service (at least that is what I told them). So I will be there bright and early. I hope to meet some of you up there if you can make it up.

I was very glad to read that North Shore 420 is operable again. I had asked Scott H. about the car and mentioned that I would be more than willing to help out in any way with getting the car operable again.

Hope to see you at the museum

Steve Loitsch

#157510  by mb41

Great to have you on board Steve :) thanks for your help in operations. Thank you for helping this coming Friday. I was going to be there, but need to save vacation time for my ERA fan trip to Texas. I will be there the following day Sat. Aug. 20th & 21st.

#158583  by stevo

steve, i haven't seen you there since classes.....when do you go up?

#158773  by FullParallel

Stevo
Havent been able to get up much on the weekends. I was up oin Jun 1, 2, & 3 to fionish my training, then had to go out to sea. I was up at the museum today for the reading celebration, VERY busy day. Had over 1600 guests before a tour bus showed up at 4:30. I managed to get all my signoff's done. I had forgot to get the dispatcher to sign some stuff on the 2nd of June. Now all I need is a rules test and a road test. Accoriding to Eliot K., Bib H. and Tom L. I will have NO problem passing the road test. I will be stopping by tommorrow with my kids, since when they arrived in the truck to pick me up after we closed they were very upset we could not ride. Hey any excuse to get back up there is good with me :)

Steve Loitsch

#159865  by stevo

oh....yeah i'm a road test away too

i'm going up with rich cosgro the first saturday in september......i dunno what the date is

#159875  by FullParallel

If you mena the 3rd of Sept, I will be up that day as well. I think it is Members Weekend that day. I would like to do my road and rules test this weekend, but I am not sure I will have time.

Steve L

#160066  by aline1969

Have fun on members weekend... I'm going to Texas for the Electric Railroaders Association fan trip. Houton & Dallas.

I hope members weekend goes well, enjoy :)

#160126  by stevo

i'm taking my road test then too

what is this rules test? i've never heard of it.....

#160156  by aline1969

There is the written rules test, questions about the line and bla bla.

Then there is the road test.

That is all I know, I never took level one training... I started right at level two.

#160223  by stevo

oh you mean the ones you have to take at the end of all the classes?

cause i've already done those
 #160863  by aline1969

Looks like 8361 will make an appearence sometime between Oct. 8-Oct. 16. More hands are always welcomed to get her out of the barn, then cleaned up and maybe a possible tune-up to make her operate. Come help and bring your camera.

#161185  by FullParallel

OK I am at a loss here, I looked the museum roster on the website, what type of car is 8361???? Unfortunately I will be on the big blue ocean during Oct & Nov.

Steve Loitsch