Railroad Forums 

• IRM's Nebraska Zephyr on BNSF today?

• General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.
General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.

Moderators: rob216, Miketherailfan

#1084704  by orangeline

At about 9:20 this morning I happened to be stopped at a red light next to the La Grange Road Metra-BNSF/Amtrak station. The gates were down indicating a train was approaching. I figured it'd likely be a Metra going downtown or to Aurora or maybe a freight. Imagine my astonishment to hear an old-style deep monotone air horn announcing a charging westbound bright silver E unit pulling articulated cars bearing the name Nebraska Zephyr! Was that IRM's E-5 pulling the train? For a 70-something year old, she seemed to be having an easy time of it!