Railroad Forums 

• *** SHARE YOUR MODEL RAILROAD ACTION PHOTOS

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#1400238  by murfunit

I've started working on some LIRR HO trains again after a long hiatus. I had a layout in the 1990s for about 5 years before I dismantled it. I may start another one. Meanwhile these are some photos
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (553.23 KiB) Viewed 7281 times
 #1400243  by murfunit

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (104.17 KiB) Viewed 7279 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (157.58 KiB) Viewed 7279 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (103.63 KiB) Viewed 7279 times
I hope to post more as the project moves on. Enjoy the photos. Most of the equipment is kit bashed or modified to make the rolling stock appear similar to LIRR trains. I really didn't have much of a budget for these models so I had to improvise.
 #1406816  by NaugyRR

Was going through my Photobucket today and thought I'd share these pictures of the layout I was working on in high school. I've moved several times after leaving home, so I still have the trains, just nowhere to run them in my apartment, haha.

#1406817  by NaugyRR

More...

#1406818  by NaugyRR

Even more...

#1406820  by NaugyRR

Couple roster shots and more...

#1406821  by NaugyRR

More rosters and evolution of the layout...

#1406822  by NaugyRR

Work in progress...

Even earlier...

#1406825  by NaugyRR

Last ones...

#1409148  by Watchman318

NaugyRR wrote:Was going through my Photobucket today and thought I'd share these pictures of the layout I was working on in high school. I've moved several times after leaving home, so I still have the trains, just nowhere to run them in my apartment, haha.
That's quite the collection of vehicles and construction equipment, too, including some of the ones at your fire station. Looked like at least one Ivers (GMC, maybe?) next to the sedan-cab Seagrave.
Good stuff.
 #1409185  by NaugyRR

Thanks Watchman; I'll admit, going through those photos, it's a little disappointing to look at all of it now in totes and boxes in my apartment, haha.

I know that 1:64 isn't meant for HO trains, but I always had an easier time sourcing 1:64 vehicles than 1:87. Plus in my opinion it doesn't look too out of place, and as you can tell I don't exactly go for proto-operations; gimme some Bachmann EZ-Track and some Ertl die-cast and I'm a happy boy! Haha

You've got a good eye for the fire equipment. The two trucks in the back of the building are a GMC and a Seagrave, in the front are an American LaFrance pumper and Land Rover brush truck. On the side are a Power Wagon ambulance and Humvee brush truck. All of them are Corgi models. At some point I'd like to invest in some Code 3 models when I do another layout, but they are certainly not a cheap date!