Railroad Forums 

• Bachmann 2018 Catalog

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#1463163  by JamesRR

Going to be tough to top the Walthers Proto Amfleets. Curious is Bachmann can get them right this time.

The SEPTA loco is nice, though no one makes cars to run with it at the moment.
 #1463198  by Backshophoss

Bachmann is now offering a Cafe(food service car)and a Business class car,along with a Coach class car.
All are Amfleet I's in ph IV scheme.
 #1463245  by mcgrath618

JamesRR wrote:Going to be tough to top the Walthers Proto Amfleets. Curious is Bachmann can get them right this time.

Luckily I have two Horizon cars that, at least for the moment, will do
Hopefully Walther's rights to the cars expire soon
 #1463864  by JamesRR

mcgrath618 wrote:
JamesRR wrote:Going to be tough to top the Walthers Proto Amfleets. Curious is Bachmann can get them right this time.

Luckily I have two Horizon cars that, at least for the moment, will do
Hopefully Walther's rights to the cars expire soon
Even if they do, who will make them? Was hoping Walthers would do a proper run in the Proto line - the Amfleets were very well done.
 #1464981  by glennk419

I have six of the Walthers SEPTA push pull cars, along with 2 AEM7's. They do occasionally show up on eBay but are pretty pricey these days due to their rarity.

The ACS-64 is on my wish list.
 #1465822  by JamesRR

glennk419 wrote:

I have six of the Walthers SEPTA push pull cars, along with 2 AEM7's. They do occasionally show up on eBay but are pretty pricey these days due to their rarity.

The ACS-64 is on my wish list.

Yeah, I have about 20 of the Walthers Comet push-pull cars, but in NJT and Metro-North schemes. I recall when the Septa ones were widely available. They are quite rare now.