Railroad Forums 

• MTA (NYC) Subway Cars In N/Z Scale?

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#1460002  by Radioguy

I've looked into it a bit, and see Island Model Works and Imperial Hobby Productions do small run resin shells (and on shapeways - all 3D prints?) in N, but I wondered if any manufacturer were licensed currently to make painted and decaled cars or sets (powered/unpowered) in N or smaller. The only thing I saw anywhere was mention of Red Caboose possibly having sets running $300, but I think that might be HO, and I still have no clue as to the maker.

Ideally, I was interested in the current-day fleet (R-160, etc) in N or Z. Maybe MTA MOW, NY&A, and related stuff too. Most of what I see in larger scale tend to be of older cars (still lovely, but not as desirable for me).

I was also wondering who here might run these in those scales, and if there's any pictures/video online? I'd love to see.

Thanks. :)