Railroad Forums 

• Lionel MPC Set 6-1254 The Black Cave Flyer

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#1444397  by rrbluesman

I just bought from eBay a Lionel MPC Set, set # 6-1254 "The Black Cave Flyer" with original box. It has everything in the box, the 8212 0-4-0 steam locomotive and Black Cave Flyer tender, the boxcar, gondola, caboose, track, transformer, the vinyl sheet to set the track on, all the original paper mountains (never folded), and instructions sheet. I am having trouble finding the car numbers for all the rolling stock as they are not printed on the car and the part number does not show in my catalogs and the engine does not show in my catalogs. My pricing catalog suggests the set is worth $79 as I have it. I can not find reliable information on when he set was manufactured. Can anyone fill me in on the proper car numbers are more info about the set? Thanks!

-Ed